Monday, May 10, 2010

Workout Report: Days 36 – 42

Monday, May 3
Today I didn't officially workout except for the Lindy Hop class that I'm taking with my husband. When we got home, Corey and I sweat our asses off as we practiced in our kitchen for over an hour so we definitely burned calories. Here's a funny note from a conversation between our teacher Doug Silton and me:
Doug: "Flex your foot."
Me: "Do you always flex your foot in Lindy Hop?"
Doug: "No. But you should."

You can take the girl out of ballet class, but you can't take ballet class out of the girl!

Tuesday, May 4
P90X Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps Workout Results:
  • 58 minutes, 39 minutes in target zone
  • Average heart rate: 123bpm
  • 330 calories burned
  • Body parts that snapped, cracked or popped: ankles, elbows, knees
  • Note: I'm no longer listing the soreness factor since at least one part of my body is sore all of the time. I will, however, let you know if I get injured. 
Wednesday, May 5
P90X Back and Biceps Workout Results:
  • 51 minutes, 41 minutes in target zone
  • Average heart rate: 132bpm
  • 300 calories burned
  • Body parts that snapped, cracked or popped: elbows, hips, knees, shoulders
Thursday, May 6
I did not exercise today; my back was sore from two consecutive days of strength training.

Friday, May 7
P90X Legs and Back Workout Results:
  • 63 minutes, 47 minutes in target zone
  • Average heart rate: 132bpm
  • 375 calories burned
  • Body parts that snapped, cracked or popped: elbows, knees
  • I couldn't breathe during the first half of this workout so I finally used my inhaler. 
Saturday, May 8
I didn't workout today, but I think three hours of cleaning house must have burned some calories.

Sunday, May 9
Today I took an intermediate yoga class at Yoga Blend. The class lasted 90 minutes, and the instructor David Adams kicks ass. Love this guy! I was finally able to hold the crow pose, and I know it is because EMAO has increased the strength in my biceps and triceps.

Week 6 Results: May 3 – May 9
  • 4 workout days
  • 1005 calories burned (excludes any calories burned during dance and yoga classes)
  • I am nowhere near most of my goals yet so it is time to shake things up. I plan to:
    • Change my diet,
    • Increase my workouts,
    • Incorporate more cardio, and
    • Add daily abdominal routines. 
Fun, fun, fun.
    AWW – XoXo

    P.S. Please vote in my new poll. Thanks!

      Share/Save/Bookmark

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

       

      The information in this blog is not intended as a substitute for professional health care. Please consult your doctor before beginning any diet or exercise program.