Saturday, May 1, 2010

Help me if you can I'm feeling down ...

I am 34 days into this crazy experiment, and I am failing on several counts:
  1. I am not blogging every day. In fact, I have not posted in four days, which is my largest gap yet. I could give you an abundance of excuses, but I hate it when people do that to me. 
  2. I have not shed one pound. Not one. Not even half of a pound. It is frustrating beyond belief. I appear to have lost almost 1/4 inch in my waist though I could be pulling the tape measure a bit tighter just to make myself feel better. 
  3. I am not working out every day. A recent study showed that if a woman wants to maintain her weight, she needs to work out for an hour every day. Apparently, moderate exercise three times per week is still good for our health, but it is not enough for we women to maintain our girlish figures. Fantastic.
Okay, enough of my complaining. I need to do two things: make serious changes to my diet and vary my exercise routine, which I love, but it isn't working for me. I'll report on the dietary adjustments in future posts, but I want your opinion regarding my future workouts. Even though I am reaching my target heart rate during my strength training workouts, I don't think I am doing nearly enough cardio each week to burn off the fat around my abs. I can feel my core muscles becoming tighter and stronger. I am positive that I am simply building muscle underneath this layer of fat, as I engage in numerous crunches in a variety of positions.

I have researched several programs that focus on cardio while creating a flatter stomach. I'm not going for a six pack; I just don't want the extra fat around my mid-section.




Here are the workouts that I am checking out:
Please vote for the one that you think I should do by taking the poll (on the right beneath links). There is also Shaun T's Insanity program, but I am not ready to be insane. Yet.

AWW – XoXo

P.S. And I do appreciate you being 'round to read my blog. More than you know.

    Share/Save/Bookmark

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    The information in this blog is not intended as a substitute for professional health care. Please consult your doctor before beginning any diet or exercise program.