Sunday, April 4, 2010

April Angst

I want to apologize to my readers for neglecting this blog for a few days. My goal is to post every day so I can show my EMAO progress; however, April is always a crazy time of year for me.

My nonprofit, Blue Faery, announces the winner of the Blue Faery Award for Excellence in Liver Cancer Research on April 8, which is my sister Adrienne's birthday. As you can imagine, a lot of preparation goes into selecting the recipient, writing the international press release, releasing the funds, etc. I don't do it alone, but as the president, I must ensure that each task is finished by its deadline. The pressure can be intense at times.

Then of course, there is the separate emotional weight that comes with Adrienne's birthday, which always falls near or on Easter. Therefore, I visit her at the cemetery every Easter so today is "the day" to go to Hollywood Forever. It has been a few months since I have been to her grave. I usually dread going, but I am happy once I get there. I like making sure that Adrienne's garden looks beautiful; she was the plant person in the family. I can wilt silk flowers just by looking at them, but with help from my husband and friends, I have learned how to care for the jasmine, bougainvillea, honeysuckle, and roses that share the ground with my sister.

April wouldn't be complete without people doing their taxes. While my husband and I try to file our taxes early, Blue Faery's taxes are due mid-May so Blue Faery's treasurer and I spend the month of April gathering the necessary information for our accountant. While this task is not nearly as stressful as it sounds, I don't exhale until the paperwork is in the mail.

Looking forward to May ...

AWW – XoXo

P.S. Happy Easter and good luck with Uncle Sam.

    Share/Save/Bookmark

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    The information in this blog is not intended as a substitute for professional health care. Please consult your doctor before beginning any diet or exercise program.