Friday, June 18, 2010

My five favorite beauty products

Since there is more to attending a high school reunion than Exercising Your Ass Off, I thought I would share my current five favorite beauty products; all of which I will need to look beautiful on June 26.

    Sally Hansen Natural Beauty by Carmindy Luminizing Face PrimerSally Hansen Natural Beauty by Carmindy Luminizing Face Primer
    Although this face primer is overpriced online, it is worth the $9.99 you will pay for it at CVS. You can wear it alone or underneath foundation; either way, it brightens up your face. The velvety texture soothes dry skin, and it is easy to apply. My only complaint is that the pump becomes useless once the container is almost empty, but it is a small price to pay for a healthy, moisturized face.


    Moroccanoil, 3.4-Ounce BottleMoroccan Oil
    My stepmother introduced me to this hair care product, which straightens her naturally curly hair. I love it because my hair often has a straw-like appearance due to its dry nature. Moroccan Oil rescued my locks! I use a nickel-sized amount in my straight, long hair and work it from the roots to the tips. The tangles disappear, the split ends evaporate, and my hair ends up looking smooth and sleek just like Scarlett Johansson, an actress who uses this product. Moroccan Oil can reduce the appearance of scars, too. Oh, and did I mention it smells divine? Ask your local hairdresser where to find the miracle Moroccan Oil.

    Olay Total Effects Night Firming Cream for Face & Neck - 1.7 fl ozOil of Olay Total Effects Night Firming Cream
    According to its label, OO's Total Effects Night Firming Cream is supposed to balance color; hydrate, moisturize and exfoliate the skin; reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles, age spots, and pores; and prevent damage to the skin's surface. Desperate Housewives' actress Marcia Cross uses Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging UV Moisturizer SPF 15the daytime complement to the nighttime formula. I love how the Night Cream makes my skin feel like silk, and my husband thinks it smells good, too!

    Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant 0.75 ozSmashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant
    As the sun heats up in dry Southern California, my dry lips start to crack, peel, and bleed. No amount of moisturizing prevents this happening so I wanted to find a product that would at least eliminate the excess flaky skin hanging from my lips (how unattractive is that picture?). The Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant is easy to use, and it does the job. Afterward, my lips feel clean, soft, and more importantly, they look terrific. As an added bonus, this product smells like peppermint.

    CoverGirl Lashblast Mascara, Very Black 800, 0.44 - Ounce Packages (Pack of 3)CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara
    Since I have short eyelashes, I am always looking for mascara that will make my eyes pop by appearing to extend the length of my eyelashes. LashBlast works wonders, and unlike most mascaras, it rarely smudges or flakes. In fact, it can be difficult to remove. If you watch television, you have probably seen Drew Barrymore's Lashblast commercial where her eyes look amazing even if she appears overly tan. I love LashBlast; you can sometimes buy it in bulk (three mascaras for $13) at Costco.

    Please feel free to share your favorite beauty products by posting comments to this blog entry! :-)

    AWW – XoXo

    Share/Save/Bookmark

    1 comment:

    1. You don't need ANY of these products to look beautiful! You already are! Have fun at your reunion.

      ReplyDelete

     

    The information in this blog is not intended as a substitute for professional health care. Please consult your doctor before beginning any diet or exercise program.