Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Slimquick: Tastes Great, Not Filling

If you watch even one hour of TV a day, you have probably seen the Slimquick commercials that claim women lose weight differently than men. Therefore, we need Slimquick. The simple animated ad is quite clever, as the image of the shrinking woman stays with you.

I tried Slimquick's Appetite Control (SAC), which promises to:
  • Promote a feeling of fullness
  • Reduce appetite
  • Provide an excellent source of fiber
  • Provide a good source of protein
  • Improve digestion
  • Provide prebiotics
Out of the six bullet points listed on the package, the only thing I can guarantee that SAC will give you is a modest dose of fiber and protein, which is impressive given that it is a packet of crystals that dissolve in water. As for feeling full and reducing my appetite, it didn't work, but SAC didn't make me any hungrier either. I would argue that it worsened my digestion since I suffered from stomachaches and constipation on the days that I used SAC. I know what probiotics are, but I have never heard of prebiotics until SAC, which brings me to my next point.

Most of the ingredients in SAC make sense, but then there is a section labeled "Other Ingredients"; they include maltodextrin, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, tri-calcium phosphate, sorbitol, acesulfame potassium, natural color, sucralose, silicon dioxide. Most of the time when you see "natural and/or artificial flavors" as ingredients on a package, you should not ingest the product; however, those "other ingredients" explain why SAC tastes great. (The flavor is pink lemonade.) Though it contains no calories, sucralose is 600 times sweeter than table sugar! No wonder I was craving SAC in my water during my intense cardio workouts; it replaced my Now and Later sugar fix.

Anyway, I have six unopened pouches left. If you would like to try SAC for free, just email me and I will send them to you on one condition: please "share" this post and my blog with five of your friends.

AWW – XoXo

P.S. Click my avatar, which reflects my current mood, to make it come to life. To show off your dark side, create your own Custom Smiley.


    Share/Save/Bookmark

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    The information in this blog is not intended as a substitute for professional health care. Please consult your doctor before beginning any diet or exercise program.