Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hitting the Wall

In the world of marathon running, there is an expression called "hitting the wall." It is when you feel as though you cannot keep going; your body wants to quit because you have mentally and/or physically hit a wall. For some people it happens toward the end of the race. I didn't meet the brick beast many times when I was doing marathons, but when I did it, our introduction always took place between miles 14 – 18. I hate those four miles of a marathon ... just over halfway done, but nowhere near the end.

I am on day 25 of my 90-day EMAO experiment, and I am hitting the wall. Wiped out. Exhausted. I'm so tired that I don't want to spend time with myself. I feel sorry for my husband because I am definitely wearing some serious crabby pants. I should call him and tell him to stay out with his friends tonight. I drove home on autopilot, and when I pulled up at our house I was surprised at how I got here. I haven't been sleeping well lately; in fact, I cannot remember the last time that I got a good night's rest. Insomnia is normal for me; I'm not a huge fan of sleep aids, but tonight I'm popping an OTC tablet. Maybe eight hours of shuteye will knock down this damn wall and pick me back up so I can work out again. I have only exercised two out of the last four days, which is pathetic.

Okay, I'll stop whining now. Thanks for reading ... and listening.

AWW – XoXo

P.S. I weighed myself today. No change. Not one freaking ounce. ARGH!

    Share/Save/Bookmark

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    The information in this blog is not intended as a substitute for professional health care. Please consult your doctor before beginning any diet or exercise program.